It makes me happy.
It relieves stress.
I wonder why that is. I mean, I generally like a clean house. Who doesn’t? But with a kid, 4 dogs, a full time job, and no other adult to help clean up…Let’s be honest. The house is not always spotless and clean, but I do my best. When I get a few minutes though, like when Jayden is taking a bath and the dogs are outside, I’ll do a quick vacuum, and it always leaves me feeling refreshed.
The other day, after vacuuming, I thought about how much better I felt, and it got me thinking…what are other every day ways that I de-stress?
1. Putting food in the bird feeders. I have no idea why, but it just makes me feel good!
2. Asking Oscar for hugs. He can do this on command, and it always leaves me laughing. He puts his paws on my shoulders, and tries to cover me with sloppy stinky kisses (which I am not a fan of). His tail wags non-stop, and he doesn’t stop until I’ve told him that I’ve had enough. Love that dog!
3. Listen to Sam Smith. I LOVE this man’s voice. I have yet to hear a song of his that I have not loved. His rendition of Whitney Houston’s “How Will I Know” is AMAZING. No matter what mood I am in, I can enjoy his music. If he, Bruno Mars, and Adele would do a song together…I might just die from happiness!
4. Nature. Being outside in nature is blissful. Especially if it is not sweltering hot with tons of mosquitoes. My recent trip to Wyoming made me realize just how much I would love to live in a place like that, where everyone is outside, dog-friendly, appreciating the weather. (Yes yes, I know places like that have crazy winters, blah blah.)
5. Reading. I love to read, and when I find myself thinking I haven’t read anything in awhile, I know I need to schedule some time in for it. I recently read a great book about a Staffy named Rumer. The book is called “The Angel on My Shoulder: My Life with an American Pit Bull Terrier.” If you haven’t read it, and you love the bully breed, you should definitely check it out. It is an easy read, and you can just feel the love the author has for Rumer. I highly recommend it…but have some tissues ready!
I could also add things like getting a massage and going to the beach, but those aren’t every day things that I am able to do, unfortunately!! So, what are some ways that you relieve stress on a regular every-day basis?
PS: Did you know that Christmas is ONLY 99 days away!?!?! The holiday season is upon us already, and many of you may plan on using online sites for shopping in order to avoid the crowds. Please consider using Amazon Smile, and choose Last Hope Rescue as the charity (be sure to look for our logo so you choose the right group!). You can use Amazon Smile for online purchases, just like the regular Amazon. The ONLY difference, is that by using Amazon Smile, a portion of your proceeds will be donated to the charity of your choice. Also, once you’ve logged on through Amazon Smile, Amazon will then remind you any time you log in, and will switch you over to the Smile side!! PAWSOME huh!!!
Have a great day, friends!