It’s award time!! That’s right, I got a blog award! It’s from my favorite blogger too, so that makes it extra special! 🙂
The rules for this award are as follows: thank and link back to the nominating blogger, state eleven random facts about yourself, answer the eleven questions presented to you at the time of the award, pass the award onto eleven other bloggers and leave them with eleven questions to answer, too. So, here we go!
A big thank you to Grimm’s Furry Tail! This is my favorite blog to read. She always has funny tales about her dogs, and has the best pictures. Check out my favorite post by her, here!
11 Facts about me (& my dogs, because this blog is about dogs afterall!)
1-I hate being scared. Scary movies, people scaring me, scary sounds…I hate them all!
2-I hate talking on the phone. I will text anyone, all day long. But talk on the phone? No thanks!
3-Lucy hates cats…like, seriously, aggressively wants to eat them.
4-I love watching Jayden eat. I think it is the cutest thing in the world. Which is funny, because seeing (some) other people eating, grosses me out!
5-I love reality shows! Not all of them…but most!
6-Oscar is so spoiled. He has a favorite blanket, and if you dare to use it, you better have room for him on your lap!
7-I LOVE Ace of Bass! “I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign…” Come on guys, that is good stuff!
8-I have to tell Lucy to stop drinking water, otherwise she goes on forever! And as soon as I say “Lucy, enough!”, she stops.
9-Oscar is so sneaky & naughty. He steals shoes out of the shoe bin. He takes Jayden’s toys, runs around the corner, and then stands there looking over his shoulder, waiting for you to chase him. He barks at me if he wants attention. He is a total brat. Yet, I love him so much! He is my baby, and I can’t fathom that his precious life was going to be wasted.
10-Lucy’s right paw has nails that barely grow! I only have to cut those nails once to every third or fourth time for the other paw!
11-I love peanut butter & jelly sandwiches!
Answers to the 11 questions, asked by Grimm’s Furry Tail:
- What made you start blogging? My friend Morgan was the inspiration. She does a blog, Temporary Home, Permanent Love. I liked how she was able to talk about dogs, her adventures, and lots of other things. I thought it was a great way to promote fostering, as well as to spread the word about adoptable dogs, so I decided to start a blog myself!
- If you had to give up one cherished pastime or hobby, what would it be? This is so hard! I’ve tried to come up with something, and I just can’t think of anything that I would be willing to give up! Memories are cherished for a reason, and I can’t imagine not having experienced any of them.
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life? My son, Jayden. Because of him I have learned how strong I can be. I’ve learned that I can get through a broken heart, and come out on the other side stronger and happier than I have ever been. I’ve learned what complete true love is. Because of Jayden, I have raised my standards and changed my priorities. Life as a single mom is not always easy. I struggle with the thought of letting someone else into our little cozy life. Sometimes I lose my temper over silly things, or get tired of his constant talking. But I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. I was made to be his mom, and I love every single second of it.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up on Stone Island, in Enterprise FL. We moved there when I was in elementary school, and left when I was in high school. There were many pool parties, and neighborhood bbq’s. It is where I learned to ride horses, and spent most of my days at the barn or down the road at my best friend’s house. It was a comfy friendly neighborhood, where everyone knew each other and looked out for one another.
- What is your favorite food or beverage in the whole wide world? Chocolate peanut butter ice cream!
- What are you least skilled at? sports! I don’t know technical terms, I don’t have a clue what is going on if I am watching a game, and I am certainly not good at them either!
- And most? hmm…being a mom? is that cheesy? I always find it hard to reflect and answer questions like this about myself. I’m good at being independent…is that a skill?!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? to make others feel a sense of commitment. Then maybe there wouldn’t be so many homeless pups out there. And maybe it would resolve a lot of other issues people have today too!
- Do you prefer coffee, tea or neither? Both! I love hot tea. My mom drinks like 236 cups a day. For Christmas, as we begged to go open presents, she had to have 72 cups of tea first while we looked through our stockings. (Maybe exaggerating is my best skill!) My Granny always had tea time, and I have wonderful memories of drinking tea in her house in England, looking out over her gorgeous garden. I also love coffee. It smells delicious, and with enough creamer, it tastes good too!
- What type of landscape relaxes you the most? definitely the beach! If I could visit the beach every day, I would.
- What television show or book series are you currently addicted to? Big Brother! It is my favorite summer show!
Now for the 11 friends I am sharing this with, in no particular order:
And my questions for them to answer:
1-Where is your happy place?
2-What are you most proud of?
3-What is your guilty pleasure?
4-Finish this sentence: If I had a million dollars, ______________________________
5-What makes you smile?
6-If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
7-If you could go back to any age, what would it be?
8-What is your biggest fear?
9-If you only have one thing to eat, and one thing to drink for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
10-You are stranded on an island. What 3 things do you wish you had?
11-What do you hope to do with your blog?
Ok friends, there ya go! Thanks again to Grimm’s Furry Tail for the award!! And thanks to everyone for reading!! 🙂